Charity B. Neukomm
Charity began her bankruptcy and commercial litigation practice with a boutique firm in Atlanta, where she focused on representing small Chapter 11 business debtors and Chapter 7 trustees in bankruptcies and related litigation. When she relocated with her family to Louisville, she practiced as a creditors’ rights’ attorney before expanding her practice to include representation of Chapter 7, 9, 11 and 12 debtors, unsecured creditors’ committees, trustees, and creditors in financial workouts, bankruptcy proceedings and bankruptcy litigation. Charity also has extensive experience representing companies, lenders, and individuals in collections matters, lender liability suits, foreclosure actions, lien rights, and other general commercial litigation. Charity’s clients value her problem-solving skills and her ability to take charge in navigating them through difficult circumstances.
- Represented the Chapter 7 trustee in the main bankruptcy case and in litigation regarding a mortgage financing company with wholesale production in excess of $3 billion per year.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a post confirmation committee on fraudulent conveyance claims against a former owner of the reorganized debtor.
- Represented numerous individuals in defending against objections to discharge or dischargeability in bankruptcy cases.
- Assisted a large nonprofit organization in shedding its state pension liability through the Chapter 11 process.
- Initiated numerous foreclosure and collection actions for creditors.
- Represented several builders, developers, and business owners in the defense of collection actions, pursuing financial workouts, and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Successfully filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy for higher income individuals with primarily business debt who would not quality for Chapter 7 under the standard means test.
Education & Clerkship
- Georgia State University College of Law, JD (2005)
- Georgia State University, BS in Criminal Justice (2001)
Honors & Awards
- Graduate of Louisville Bar Association Leadership Academy (2012)
- Section of the Year Award, Bankruptcy Section, Louisville Bar Association (2013)
- Kentucky Super Lawyer Rising Star (2013-2014)
- Kentucky Super Lawyer (2015-2016)
Board Positions & Community Service
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE) Committee Member (2013- present)
- Founder and Program Co-chair, Bankruptcy Law Institute (2013-present)
- Chair Elect, Bankruptcy Section, Kentucky Bar Association (2015-2016)
- Secretary, Board of Trustee for the Eastwood Fire Protection District (2014-2017)
This law firm provides services for Bankruptcy Relief.
Under Federal Law we are designated as a Federal “Debt Relief Agency”.
We help individuals and businesses file for Bankruptcy Relief under the Bankruptcy Code.